As a way of thanking our active military and veterans who are serving or have served our country, we invite you to participate in the B&Bs for Vets program sponsored by the Association of Lodging Professionals!
Open to all lodging properties, inns, and B&Bs in the U.S, participation in B&Bs for Vets is easy. You simply offer one free room, preferably on Veterans Day, Wednesday, November 11th, 2020 (no strings attached, no buy one night/get one free – it needs to be 100% free) to a deserving veteran or active duty military. If offering a room on Veterans Day won't work for you, feel free to offer other dates for free stays for vets. We'll still promote your offer under the B&Bs for Vets campaign.
If you already have confirmed veterans reservations and don't want your information posted would you PLEASE send Debbie (our webmaster) the name of your inn and the number of rooms booked. We really need to know all the inns who are participating to gain recognition for our industry. Please email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year, beyond only listing free rooms near Veterans Day for veterans and active military, we intend to keep the website going year-long and list your other military discounts throughout the year. We want to continue the relevance of BandBsforVets.org throughout the year by listing your military discounts offered all year long, not just your free room for Veteran’s Day.
This makes the website much more valuable both for you to attract military guests and for them to find offers. There is no fee for this listing that will expand your marketing opportunity to veterans- you just need to provide one free room night to a veteran in November!
Of course, if you wish to offer more than one room for one night, we encourage that! If you’d like to offer one free room and then a few more at a BOGO or specially discounted rate, that’s fine, as long as the one free room is honored.
If you have not participated before, please send your offer and the following information to email@example.com
1. Name of your inn/B&B
2. Complete address of your inn/B&B
3. Contact phone number and email (we need both)
4. Inn/B&B website
5. Please describe your offer for the B&B For Vets free night(s) - (remember, each inn must offer at least one free room to participate), 250 characters max (characters are letters + spaces + punctuation).
6. Please, describe any year-round or other special offers for Vets and Active Duty Military.
7. Please describe your inn or offer your tag line (250 characters max)
8. Attach 3 photos of your inn to the email.
9. We know you may receive many phone calls, so please let us know when you want your listing to go live.
Deb Dapson, our webmaster, will post your offer and alert you when it’s live. If your room(s) fill up, simply contact Deb and she’ll indicate that you’re full. We’ve made it so easy! No struggling with trying to figure out how to post it!
Vets are incredibly grateful for the free rooms offered. We know that cancellations or no shows have occasionally been a problem in the past, so we strongly encourage you to consider the following:
1. Require a credit card when the veteran reserves and then inform them that all cancellation policies apply to free rooms and their card will be charged if they don’t live by the policy.
2. Keep a waiting list.
3. Contact the veteran a few weeks in advance and confirm the reservation.
Let’s make this be the biggest year yet for participation in the B&Bs for Vets program. Here’s to all those innkeepers who thank veterans for their service with opening their doors on Veteran’s Day and beyond!
Thank you in advance for your participation in the 2020 B&Bs for Vets program!